Adventures in the Teardrop Bay.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Welcome to the Guild

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guild Master

PostSubject: Welcome to the Guild   Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:47 pm

Today is the day you have been waiting for. After all the anxiety of applying, testing, and finally joining the Guild. After the travelling and waiting. Finally you are here. Each of you arrived at different times. One was here a week, another arrived yesterday, the last just showed up, pack still on shoulder. Either way, now you have been summoned to by the House Master.

You arrive in the yard and line up in front of the intimidating man as you were trained to do. He is a large man, tall and broad shouldered. His armor shines with polish. A large guild star is emblazoned on his breastplate. Though he seems capable, he is also older than you expected, with graying hair, and wrinkled face. He inspects you, looking you over with a careful, weathered eye. With a barely restrained shake of his head, he sighs.

"My name is Corvin. I am the House Master for Brook Shield. Each of you has plenty to prove and you are proving it to me. If I don't think you can cut it, then you will be cut yourself. Is that clear?"

Each of you responds with a loud 'Yes, Sir!'

"I am going to be honest with you. I have...misgivings. We are a human established guild and none of you are human. Frankly, I'm a little concerned. The Tieflings have their own guild. I'm curious why you didn't join them." He raises an eyebrow at Barbas. "The Halflings are little more than a nuisance." He doesn't even bother looking at Kit. His gaze lingers on Ironsyde. "And the Dwarves...the Dwarves are unpredictable at best."

You can feel a tiny special place in your heart for this man. It slowly fills with a burning hatred.

"But you are here, and you are mine. So I'll make you useful. You will be equipped and kitted out as any guild member. Take what you need and what you can use. Don't take any more than that. See the quartermaster and meet me back here in one hour. Dismissed."

He turns his back on you and leaves you to your orders.

Niles Barringtorn

Character sheet
Class: Rogue
Hit Points:
0/0  (0/0)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Guild   Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:09 am

Barbas was the one who just arrived today with his bag over his shoulders. He stood there at attention, listening to this old fart berate him and standing there without a peep. Once he left, he sighed heavily, then looked at the other guys. "He doesn't seem so tough." he said with a grin.

it didn't help that his legs were shaking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ironsyde Kroh-Drahg

Character sheet
Class: Fighter
Hit Points:
34/34  (34/34)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Guild   Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:58 am

Smiling, Ironsyde found the comment about dwarves to be humorous. Knowing he could hold his own in battle the stout old dwarf went to the quartermaster to gather his belongings and to greet a few of his other guildmates. "How are all ye young lads and lasses finding everything," Ironsyde asked. "the quality of these weapons is beyond compare. Tis a great thing to have a sturdy hammer or axe at yer side!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitsune

Character sheet
Hit Points:
26/26  (26/26)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Guild   Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:11 pm

With her head held high she thinks to herself, "I will show that giant, wrinkly sack! I have sworn to use my talents for good! I will not let General Taz down!" Kit brushed it off and turned to the others with a warm smile. It was the biggest smile any of them had ever seen.

"Hi there! I don't think I have introduced myself to all of you! I figure we are going to be spending a lot of time together, we should probably get to know one another. My name is Kitsune, but you can call me Kit."

With eyes closed and and shoulders shrugged, she gave a kind wave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guild Master

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Guild   Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:55 pm

The quartermaster greets you with a nod and places three bundles on the counter.

"Had these made special. Armor for your folk isn't exactly standard around here." He pushes one toward Barbas. "Hole for the tail." Another toward Ironsyde. "Yours was easiest. Dwarves aren't too uncommon but we had to order it in." And then the last toward Kit. "Completely made special. Armorer's weren't too happy about it." He gives her a humorless grin. "Weapons weren't too hard. Had to scour the place clean for all the stars but we got you sorted out. Hope you know how to use 'em cause I'm not getting any more for a while. Don't throw them over cliffs and what-not."

As Ironsyde commented, all the armor and weapons are indeed up to the guild standard of impeccable. None of it is magical but each item is high quality. Even the minor alterations to Barbas' armor look professionally done.

"House Master has got an eye out for ya. Don't take him too personally, he's a bigot but he doesn't mean much by it. He'll see you through and treat you fair, he just won't like you much. I'd get kitted and meet him as smartly as possible." With that he waves you off.

---

OOC: OOC means 'Out Of Character'. For any little player comments you'd like to make, post them like I'm posting this. Smile

Anyway, you guys have some time to interact with each other so please do. A game like this is a golden opportunity for roleplaying as your character and really getting close as a group. Something that I think a lot of people are intimidated by in person. So read everyone's posts and respond appropriately. Don't post for anyone else, let them do that, and make sure to leave it open for responses if that's what you're expecting. Don't worry about the story too much, I'll move things along as appropriate but feel free to do some light DMing and make some minor stuff up as well. Some of my favorite posts were when I or someone I was playing with decided to add details. Smile

This should have been at the end of the first post but I'm not used to such new players, so please forgive me. Smile

Niles Barringtorn

Character sheet
Hit Points:
0/0  (0/0)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Guild   Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:18 am

Barbas would eye his gear, holding up a shuriken and shutting one eye to focus. "Yes, I'll be sure to avoid throwing these near any oceans too." he commented dryly before going off to change into his uniform. "Least I don't hav eto cut my own tail hole!"

After changing briefly, he returned, hsi gear ready to go. He returned to his new companions. "So, let's get introductions out of the way since we'll most likely be working together. I am Barbas. I'm kind of a big deal outside of this place." he lied, grinning.

Rolling for Bluff to see if they even believe this compulsive liar. +11
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fate
Admin

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
0/0  (0/0)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Guild   Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:18 am

The member 'Niles Barringtorn' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'd20' : 4
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://teardropbay.forumotion.com
Guild Master

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Guild   Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:25 pm

OOC: Roll was high enough to be considered straight faced. Razz

Kitsune

Character sheet
Hit Points:
26/26  (26/26)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Guild   Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:06 pm

She gets all geared up and admires the beautiful craftsmanship. she had never seen anything like it in Clear Water. She jumps and twirls around. "This is great! It is surprisingly comfortable!" Kit says excitedly.

"Hello Barbas! It is so great to meet another of the trade! So where are you from?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitsune

Character sheet
Hit Points:
26/26  (26/26)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Guild   Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:11 pm

She also kind of shrugs off the fact that everyone must have missed that she tried to do introductions before. Razz Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Niles Barringtorn

Character sheet
Hit Points:
0/0  (0/0)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Guild   Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:58 am

"Oh, I am from a place where no one knows the name!" he says. "... And those that DO know of it, dare not speak it's name." he says all mysterious-like, though it was really because he didn't want to give away where he was from to keep his identity a secret.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitsune

Character sheet
Hit Points:
26/26  (26/26)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Guild   Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:47 am

"Oh my! Sounds interesting"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Niles Barringtorn

Character sheet
Hit Points:
0/0  (0/0)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Guild   Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:50 am

"Far more interesting than... any place where tieflings usually dwell, I assure you! So we shouldn't talk about them.

At all."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitsune

Character sheet
Hit Points:
26/26  (26/26)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Guild   Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:23 pm

"Well then... how about you, my hammer wielding comrade?" She turned to Ironsyde with a big smile. "What is your name? I would love to hear your story." (In the back of her mind she remembered something General Taz said in training. "Beware of those who are overly secretive about their boasting!" She is still willing to give Barbas a chance. She gets the feeling of not wanting people to know who she is. She was in that boat years ago.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ironsyde Kroh-Drahg

Character sheet
Hit Points:
34/34  (34/34)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Guild   Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:49 am

After watching the exchange between the other two, Ironsyde just chuckles and raises a flask of Under Rum he picked up a few years ago. The bitter taste on his tongue not unfamiliar, but delicious all the same.
Well lad, looking at Barbas and winking, ye'll get no argument from me! his chuckle turning into a laugh at not wanting to reveal what his experience tells him is unwise to point out to someone he just met.
As fer ye lass, tis good to have someone young and full of energy by m'side again. Tis been too long for this old dwarf!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitsune

Character sheet
Hit Points:
26/26  (26/26)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Guild   Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:40 am

"I am always glad to meet someone new! New life experiences and all!" She offers her hand to the lively Dwarf.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ironsyde Kroh-Drahg

Character sheet
Hit Points:
34/34  (34/34)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Guild   Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:31 pm

He laughed and smiled, taking the girl's hand and shaking it heartily. "Aye lass, every new person will leave ya with a life lesson to learn."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitsune

Character sheet
Hit Points:
26/26  (26/26)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Guild   Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:43 pm

"I think I missed your name though! I am very sorry. But I would like to know who to call on when I am is a fix." Her eye shined so bright it could almost warm even the coldest heart!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guild Master

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Guild   Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:11 am

The quartermaster gives you a gentle reminder that you have only a few minutes to meet the House Master in the yard.

Kitsune

Character sheet
Hit Points:
26/26  (26/26)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Guild   Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:10 am

"So sorry sir! We are on our way!" She turned to the dwarf "You can tell me later! Let's go! Let our adventures begin!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guild Master

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Guild   Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:45 am

You arrive in the yard and line up as before, and not a moment too soon. Just as Kit stands to attention, House Master Corvin appears around the corner of the yard. His eyes narrow slightly in suspicion but he has appears to have nothing to outwardly complain about as he approaches.

"Seems you've been outfitted. Good. Now I hope you weren't looking forward to a leisurely rest because I'm sending you out immediately." He hands a map out to Barbas. "This will take you to a manor not too far out of town. A minor noble thought it was a good idea to build a hunting house this far out from the city." His tone showed nothing but disdain for such a stupid action. "The house was completed and the staff had just recently moved in, when it was attacked by kobolds. The kobolds slaughtered the staff and took over the house. A few survivors made it back here and we were able to secure a contract with the noble. He wants us to clear out the kobolds and salvage what we can of his belongings." He clears his throat. "On top of this, the guild would like you to obtain information on which clan of kobolds this is and whether we should be worried about more attacks. There is an arrangement with a few clans that we do not want jeopardized." He gives you a stern look. "Do not mistake this for mercy. Kill them all. These kobolds have violated any understanding me have had. I simply would like to be certain if this is a splinter group or not."

He looks at you three. "Leave as soon as possible. At first light if you have to. I'm giving you a week before I send someone after your corpses. Dismissed."

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Guild   

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Guild
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1