View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Niles Barringtorn

Character sheet
Class: Rogue
Hit Points:
0/0  (0/0)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: How to Avoid Being Murdered by People You May Have Wronged in the Past   Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:30 pm

Niles Barringtorn was a tiefling who grew up in one of the many family clans D'Ohr. Growing up as a noble, he longed for the life of adventure he had heard from his local adventurer's guild! There was but a couple issues however. His family forbade him in partaking of such grandiose wastes of time. But most importantly... he was a coward who had a hard time staring a foe down.

But Niles still set off without a word, taking up the name "Barbas", the name of a famous tiefling adventurer from days past, hoping his namesake would be enough to strike fear into people's hearts. If not, he always fell back on his many bluffs.

When they worked.

It had been two years since he had set out, and somehow he had managed to survive! Long enough to find him hung by his ankles as a pair of large dragonborn looked at him, brandishing very sharp looking weapons. "Guys, look, I don't know what I did to upset you, but surely we can settle this before things get ugly!" Niles had said, giving a half-hearted smile. One of the dragonborns, a yellow-scaled one wielding a large axe, snarled. "Oh, things have already gotten ugly for you. Let's see, last time we saw you, you had decided to ransack our camp!" "I was looking for food and water." Niles replied calmly. "And then when we caught you, you had the gall to flirt with some of our women." said the second dragonborn in a more dull tone, his scales colored black."My WIFE being one of them!' the yellow one shouted again, rage in his eyes.

Niles knew he was in pretty deep it seemed. "Okay, okay, look, some mistakes were made, but maybe we can cut a deal." "I am in no mood to make deals with you, demon!" the yellow dragonborn said. "... That's racist." Niles retorted but continued on. "Anyway, here's what I'm thinking. You let me go... and I won't sic my men on you." he said, his tone turning very serious. The two reptilian men gave him a look, turned to each other, and then burst out laughing.

"Your men? What men!? Who would side with you?", they asked him. "Why, the one-hundred or so men that follow me so diligently! I'm kind of a big deal around here." Niles lied. "Then where are they?" the black one then asked, crossing his arms over his hide-clad chest. "Oh... around. You can't see them because, uh... they're ninjas!" Niles said, nodding excitedly. "Yeah, they're like one with the shadows and all that!" The dragonborn were getting sick of his tall tales. And then one of the shrubs surrounding them shook.

Surprised, the two dragonborn hunters would turn their backs to Niles, allowing the tiefling to quickly grab a shuriken from his belt and toss it upwards... only for it to get caught between a pair of branches in the tree above him. He had hoped to have it come down and land on one of them, not wanting to kill them, just surprise them. But he failed miserably. The yellow-scaled dragonborn turned back towards him just as a squirrel left the shrub. "I knew it. He's nothing but a filthy liar. And I'm going to gut this liar!" he said, slamming his fist against the tree to emphasize his point, giving Niles a toothy grin.

Out of sheer, dumb luck, that fist banging against the tree knocked the shuriken loose, making it land on the yellow dragonborn and digging into his shoulder. This caused him to let out a loud cry, yanking the shuriken out of his shoulder. "What... where did this come from!?" "That was a warning shot!" Niles stated. The two dragonborn looked to each other again, this time looking as if they believed Niles.

Niles was promptly lowered, but was dropped to the ground. "Next time we see you, we'll have enough to take on this so-called 'gang' you have!" one of them said as they left, fearing for their lives. Niles stood up, dusting himself off, then picking up his loose shuriken. "Works every time..." he said to himself, a satisfied smile on his face as he went about his business.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guild Master

PostSubject: Re: How to Avoid Being Murdered by People You May Have Wronged in the Past   Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:38 am

Very nicely done!

+100xp

Kitsune

Character sheet
Hit Points:
26/26  (26/26)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: How to Avoid Being Murdered by People You May Have Wronged in the Past   Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:34 pm

I like it! I think Niles and Kit will get along FAMOUSLY!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Niles Barringtorn

Character sheet
Hit Points:
0/0  (0/0)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: How to Avoid Being Murdered by People You May Have Wronged in the Past   Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:35 am

Two rogues, huh? I wonder, are you leaning more towards the Brawny Rogue or the Trickster Rogue like I am?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitsune

Character sheet
Hit Points:
26/26  (26/26)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: How to Avoid Being Murdered by People You May Have Wronged in the Past   Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:55 pm

I am a Trickster Rogue as well!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Avoid Being Murdered by People You May Have Wronged in the Past   

Back to top Go down

How to Avoid Being Murdered by People You May Have Wronged in the Past
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1